- We process personal data (i.e. data that directly or indirectly identify natural persons), which you or third parties provide to us as part of our contractual relationship. The same applies to data that we gather ourselves. Gros & Waltenspühl is responsible for processing personal data in accordance with this declaration.
- Some personal data are provided by yourself (or other data subjects) when you (or they) contact us by email, phone or through our website to request our services. This may include the name, contact details or information about the data subject’s role within the company or organisation for which you (or the respective contact persons) work, or on whose behalf you (or they) contact us.
- While carrying out the assignment, we also process personal data that we collect from our correspondence with clients or third parties (notably opposing parties, authorities, courts, their respective employees or other contact persons). We also gather some personal data ourselves, e.g. from public registers or websites.
- Processing personal data enables us primarily to provide, document and invoice our legal services.
- In order to achieve these purposes, it may be necessary for us to pass on personal data to the following categories of recipients: external service providers, clients, opposing parties and their legal representatives, business partners with whom we may need to coordinate legal services, as well as authorities and courts.
- We process personal data related to our area of responsibility in Switzerland. We may also pass on these data to recipients (notably clients, opposing parties or authorities) who in turn process personal data in other countries, even if these countries do not guarantee a level of protection comparable to Swiss law. In this case, we will only do so on the basis of consent or standard contractual clauses. The same applies if the transfer of data appears to be essential for the performance of a contract or to assert legal claims.
- We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the performance of the mandate, but in any event for the statutory retention or documentation period, or for as long as there is an overriding private or public interest. We take appropriate and proportionate measures to protect personal data against loss, unauthorised modification or unlawful access by third parties. If you provide us with personal data via a third party (e.g. your employees or other contact persons), it is your responsibility to inform them in full of the data processing carried out by our law firm and other legal or external service providers (e.g. in a data protection declaration for your employees).
- We would like to draw your attention to the fact that we use external IT service providers to carry out our work. All technical and organisational measures are taken to ensure the confidentiality of your data.
- The above purposes are based on a legitimate interest in the processing of personal data. Some processing is also necessary for us to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you. The same applies to the legal obligations to which we are subject, e.g. our obligation to retain documents.
- Data subjects notably have the right to obtain information on the personal data stored about them, to find out what they are used for, to rectify them, to delete them, to restrict their processing, to object to their being processed and to have recourse to a supervisory authority. These same people also have the right to the transmission or portability of their data. Please note, however, that these rights are subject to conditions and exceptions. To the extent permitted or required by law, certain requests may be refused. For example, we may or may have to retain personal data or continue to process them in some other way for legal purposes, despite a request to delete or restrict data processing.
- No formal consent is required from the client, his employees or other contact persons for this declaration. This declaration merely constitutes information on the nature, the extent and the finality of data processed by Gros & Waltenspühl. We reserve the right to modify unilaterally, at any time and without prior notice, the content of this declaration, which can be consulted at https://www.gros-waltenspuhl.ch/.
- If you, your employees or other contact persons have any questions or wish to assert your or their data protection rights, please contact us at
Geneva : Gros & Waltenspühl, 9 rue Beauregard, CH-1204 Geneva
Lausanne : Gros & Waltenspühl, 2 Place Saint-François, CH-1003 Lausanne